Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Nellie's All Natural



You may have seen this lurking at Community Natural Foods, Sunterra, the farmer's market...I came across it at the Calgary Stampede and the laundry detergent was too much of a steal to not buy and try it out.

Being on a recent all-natural kick, the short ingredient list and environmentally friendly benefits really have me vouching for Nellie. It reminded me of Borax but the difference is, you only need a measly tablespoon per load and I feel more comfortable using it on delicate fabrics. The shorter and more understandable the ingredient list the safer in my opinion. No fragrances that give me headaches, no weird colored dyes, no irritated skin!

The real test was whether it would freshen my brother's clothes. It's a fact that boys stink. It's also a fact that my brother tends to leave his wet clothes that have been swishing around in commercial detergent, hard water, and his sweat in the washer for hours. We all know that musty wet towel smell. I've tried adding baking soda, washing with Borax, rinsing with white vinegar, all good methods but takes a lot more effort. Nellie's actually worked! One tablespoon, one wash. If Nellie's can get the smell out of all his laundry then it is the real deal! This is worth every stinking penny!

www.nelliesallnatural.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment